Practicing her musical number before we left.
ok... a little goofy
However, having Shannon graduate this year is just a bit freaky for me. (and Spencer too) I don't know if it is because she is our second one....or if it is because she is our first girl....or I don't know what it is but, It makes me a little crazy thinking what is in the future for her in the next 3 years. She will be going to Utah State here in Vernal for the first year (which is good cause she is a young senior....) and has already earned a scholarship and will be working at her beloved Papa Murphys. She loves her bosses and enjoys the work and they love her too so I think she has pretty good job security.
Shan was born with an attitude and it took her many years to get under control (thanks to Grandma's bribe of helping her buy a cell phone if she could be respectful for 6 weeks) But I must say that she has turned into an amazing young woman. I am so amazed at her poise, organization, spirituality, kindness, helpfulness, determination, beauty inside and out and the list goes on and on. I am truly blessed to be her mom....Love you Shan!!
1 comment:
I am sorry -- she looks way too grown up with that cute haircut sitting at the piano.... I can't stand it. My favorite memory of shannon is when I took the kids to McDonalds one day and she went up to a man that was smoking and announced "Mister, don't you know that smoking is bad for you?" I didn't have much luck at that McDonalds,on another occasion mary asked the worker lady if she was a man or a woman.... these girls!
Post a Comment